Blueprint is a unique, web-based Geographic Information System (GIS) that provides a 'bird's eye view' of the South African property market. Blueprint delivers summarised information pertaining to residential and agricultural property transfers, bond, lending risk and market analytics for a number of pre-defined geographical views. The geographic views start at a national level and drill down to various provincial, municipal, suburb and property views.
The information is helpful input for strategy, risk and marketing analytics for property related businesses and most especially lenders. It gives insight into the performance of various property measures for specified geographical areas and / or property categories.
What's included in Blueprint?
Transfer Data provides a summary for a 3 and 12 month period of all property transfers (count, total and average value) for a selected geographical area, categorised by:
- Property Type - freehold, sectional title, estate and farm;
- Transfer Type - new versus repeat sales; and
- Price Band - <R400k, R400-R800k, R800k-R1.5m, R1.5-R3.0m and >R3.0m
Bond Data provides a snapshot view for a 3 and 12 month period of all bond registrations (number and value) for a selected geographical area, categorised by:
- Bond Type - ordinary purchase loan, further advance, switch bond and cancellation
This data enables the user to easily analyse the lending activity and market share for different geographical areas.
Bond Trends offers a graphical representation of the total value of bonds registered per institution, per year from 2002 to date.
Market Trends is a report that shows a number of trends per geography selected over specific time periods for the following metrics:
- Average Prices per Year for the last 6 years (freehold and sectional title properties);
- Number of Sales per Year for the last 6 years (freehold and sectional title properties);
- Average Price Changes per Annum for the last 6 years (freehold and sectional title properties);
- Price Bands - Volume of Sales for the last 3 and 12 month (freehold, sectional title and estates)
The Risk Data summary provides information pertaining to Area Exposure (AE) per insitution and includes Lightstone's proprietary Risk Quality Grade (RQG) for the selected area.
- The Area Exposure index enables lenders to determine their respective market share based on the number of bonded properties registered by lender compared to overall count of properties in the selected geographical area/s.
- The Risk Quality Grade combines 4 key metrics, namely Delphi Score (from credit bureau data), Price Appreciation, Distressed Sales Factor and Liquidity to offer an overall security quality measure for the selected geographical area/s.
In addition, Blueprint provides spatial access to Lightstone's Property Information Toolkit reports for generating more detailed, property related reports and overviews, for example, an Automated Valuation Report, by clicking on a property on the map. This is widely used by estate agents, valuers and banks where a spatial approach to generating information is helpful.
How does one access Blueprint?
Blueprint is primarily accessed through a user-friendly browser interface (online) but customised data extracts (offline) as defined by client requirements are also possible. Blueprint is available as an 'off-the-shelf' product or can be customised to reflect client specific territories and data requirements. It has the capability of being further enhanced to include client market share and other proprietary data.
Please use the link below to make contact with us. We can offer you more detailed information and costing based on your specific business requirements.